28 April 2009

Phnom Penh

When I finally managed to leave the hotel, I did actually visit some of Phnom Penh. Hannah and Chris departed ways with us on friday, so on thursday night we went to a roller disco. Yes, a roller disco. Filled with skilled teenage bladers, it was a hoot. Although, I was completely useless, and everyone's feet killed after a few minutes.

Amy left for Vietnam on friday as well, so I used the day to cath up on the sights that I had missed out on whilst bed-ridden. I say sights, but I don't think it is really an appropriate term for visiting a monument filled with hundreds of skulls and an ex-genocide prison. But there we are.

In the evening I headed off to Kampong Speu to volunteer. It chucked it down for an hour, causing floods all over Phnom Penh. The usual 1 hour drive took us 6 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment