28 April 2009

Volunteering at SSF

SSF is an organisation to protect high-risk girls from being trafficked.

The children were beautiful. I fell in love with a thirteen year old girl called Tha. When I was writing reports, she'd sit next to me and pretend to type too. They taught me how to make banana cakes (badly) and how to dance to Cambodian hip-hop. I taught them how to make roses out of tissue and how to play snap. I can't pinpoint any words in english to describe Cambodia. It is something like impacting or hard-going, but those words don't really get it. I keep on coming back to the spanish. Cambodia is muy fuerte.

I was ill again whilst volunteering. Felt very sorry for myself. Although, back in Thailand I weighed myself on some free scales in a pharmacists. It was apparent that I've seriously been enjoying the culinary delights here. At least not eating for a week may have had one benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment